The Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (MENCS) held the Pennzoil 400 today at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (LVMS)
Results (with starting pos.)
P1 (10) Joey Logano, No. 22 Ford
P5 (28) Kurt Busch, No. 1 Star Nursery Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Details of the Day
- Busch was the highest finishing Team Chevy driver today, leading the race twice for a total of 23 laps
- Today’s finish marks back-to-back top-five finishes for the No. 1 team, following last weekend’s third place finish at Atlanta
- With their finishes, Larson and Busch both remain in the top-10 in the driver points, at sixth and eighth respectively
- The only cautions during the race were for the two stage breaks
- The caution flag was shown two times for a total of 12 laps
- The lead changed 19 times among nine drivers
Kurt Busch, No. 1 Star Nursery Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 – “I was really happy that we were able to stay out long on the pit cycle in the second stage. We didn’t get any stage points today, but it positioned us well to make a run at the checkered flag and we got fifth-place today. The power of those first few guys altogether; it’s aero, it’s engine, it’s handling and that is what we have to work on. I’m really happy with two top-fives to start the year. We are playing it smart. We haven’t had any penalties and we will just keep chipping away. It was a good day for our Star Nursery Chevy. Proud that we were able to be the top finishing Chevrolet again this weekend.
MENCS teams will head to ISM Raceway next week for the TicketGuardian 500 on Sunday, Mar. 10. FOX, MRN affiliates and SiriusXM NASCAR Channel 90 will have live coverage beginning at 3:30pm ET.