The Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (MENCS) held the FireKeepers Casino 400 today at Michigan International Speedway (MIS).
Results (with starting pos.)
P1 (1) Joey Logano, No. 22 Ford
P2 (7) Kurt Busch, No. 1 Monster Energy Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
P14 (22) Kyle Larson, No. 42 Credit One Bank Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Details of the Day
- Today’s race was run after being postponed from persistent rain at MIS yesterday
- Busch scored points in each of the first two stages with finishes of fifth and fourth respectively; Larson scored points in Stage 1 with a seventh-place finish
- Busch posted his 14th top-10 finish in 37 races at Michigan International Speedway. It is his ninth top-10 finish of the 2019 season and second runner-up finish
- Busch was the highest finishing Team Chevy driver today
- Today’s race was slowed by caution seven times for a total of 35 laps
- The lead changed 20 times among 11 drivers
Kurt Busch, No. 1 Monster Energy Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 – “That was the tightest I ever pulled my belts at the end of a race because we’ve got enough stage points. Today, it was like, we don’t need to get anything but the win and, we got second-place today. (Joey) Logano’s car was tough. I really wanted it to go green at the end and push (Martin) Truex, Jr. through to the No. 22 (Logano). That was my best shot at it. What a day for our Camaro, Chevy and Monster. This gives us reason to smile and be happy. We ran up front. We were strong. We were in our manufacturer’s backyard, but got second-place today.”
MENCS teams will have an off weekend before heading to Sonoma Raceway for the Toyota/SaveMart 350 Sunday, Jun 23. FS1, PRN affiliates and SiriusXM NASCAR Channel 90 will have live coverage beginning at 3pm ET.